BProp / LLB (Hons)
Year of Admission: 2008
- Property and Development
- Assisting with all legal aspects of the acquisition and disposal of significant business assets.
- Drafting supply agreements and reviewing terms of trade and other forms of commercial contracts.
- Advice to employers on a variety of employment law issues.
- Advising a commercial landlord on the design, build and lease of office and retail premises.
- Finance restructuring.
- Undertaking the due diligence on the acquisition of a large commercial office tower, and providing ongoing lease advice to the commercial landlord.
- Regularly advising clients on a variety of disputes and assisting them to negotiate settlements.
- Advising property developers on staged residential subdivisions, including a large gated community unit title subdivision.
“Tim has consistently provided us with many years of honest, insightful, knowledgeable and expert legal advice – assets that we value when dealing with a myriad of our often difficult cases. Furthermore, his integrity, efficiency and patience has made him a pleasure to deal with”
Parklands Properties Limited
“I have always found Tim very approachable and easy to deal with. Nothing seems too difficult and that ‘can do’ approach is matched with diligence. I know that Tim will get back with a solution or confirmation as required, there’s no need for a follow up call or any doubt that something may not have been actioned. Not all lawyers are created equal, as I’ve observed in dealing with client’s lawyers, so I value the relationship with Tim and the team at Kemps Weir.”
Durham Property Investments Limited
“My business partner introduced me to Kemps Weir Lawyers and Tim Oliver was commissioned to manage all our legal requirements. Tim understands our core business and in particular the Unit Titles Act. He is always approachable, accessible and provides a very professional and balanced overview. Through my experience, I am going to continue to work with Tim for my own business transactions and I have no hesitation in recommending his services.”
Water View Estate Limited
Why I Practice
I enjoy getting to know clients and then getting the job done. My goal is to provide personal and practical advice, in order to help my clients to reach the most successful outcomes possible.