BA (Geo) / LLB
Year of Admission: 1996
- Property and Development
- Banking and Finance
- Advising a Japanese TSE listed company and its New Zealand subsidiaries on various commercial, property, finance and regulatory legal issues with customers, suppliers and government departments.
- Assisting 4 landowners in their negotiations with Transpower for the undergrounding of overhead transmission lines affecting their properties.
- Negotiating the sale of a well known Auckland business that had been family owned for 40 years and assisting the vendor with the related transitional issues.
- Completing a 65+ lot residential subdivision that included the drafting of bespoke design land covenants and the negotiation of easements with Watercare, Chorus and Vector.
- Advising a finance company on its loan agreements and negotiating a settlement agreement with the Commerce Commission.
“Hugh Green Group has had a long association with Stuart (Weir) on a wide range of Property Law matters including complex subdivisions and residential transactions. Stuart is always approachable and together with his expertise continues to provide an excellent service on all property related issues.”
Hugh Green Group
“The team at Kemps Weir have provided professional services and legal advice to VINZ for many years. Stuart and the team are consistent, dependable and accurate in providing legal advice and carrying out their duties and responsibilities for VINZ.”
Vehicle Inspection New Zealand (VINZ)
Why I Practice
I like being a lawyer because it gives me a platform and opportunity to serve and to help clients achieve their goals. I would like to think that clients find me approachable and keen to help with practical advice and that they genuinely sense how important they are to me as people first, clients second.